?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Jul. 24th, 2006

Well, that did not go well.

Homevestors lady came by tonight. We went through the house. Best offer that they will make is essentially buying out my current mortgage, no cash out at all. Since that was only about 60% of my minimum asking price (and less than 50% of the "market value") , it's gone way down on the list of possibilities.

My remaining possibility is to get a home equity loan, do the roof and finish the front porch, then maybe try again next year.

Or pray for a fucking tornado.

Comments

( 12 comments — Leave a comment )
sageincave
Jul. 25th, 2006 03:34 am (UTC)
blarg
molasses
Jul. 25th, 2006 03:36 am (UTC)
well, hell.
plan b. or d and I'm sorry.
ignusfaatus
Jul. 25th, 2006 03:59 am (UTC)
please send a tornado while marmot and sadie are on vacation...
dracut
Jul. 25th, 2006 12:11 pm (UTC)
Well I hope the equity loan works. You'll certainly do better if you don't have to sell a "distressed" house and that gives you a year to work on other projects that you could accomplish without hiring labor.
avindair
Jul. 25th, 2006 01:56 pm (UTC)
Sorry to hear about this. :(

mle292
Jul. 25th, 2006 02:29 pm (UTC)
Hopefully, it's for the best.
I've gotten the impression that Homevestors is a little predatory, anyway. They didn't deserve the profits from you home.
With the repairs, you'll get A LOT more money selling it yourself and then you'll have more extra cash cushion that will be better in the long run.
Sucks now though, sorry to hear it.
g33kgoddess
Jul. 25th, 2006 02:35 pm (UTC)
Here's a wild idea.

How about an as-is for sale by owner? A WYSIWYG home sale direct from you to someone else that might just get you the price you want? From what I've heard, you can pick up a how-to kit, put a sign out front and get it on the market. Then you don't have to pay a middle-man commission either.
magicmarmot
Jul. 25th, 2006 02:55 pm (UTC)
I'm considering that as well, but it's more difficult on the timing. There's still that whole needing-a-place-to-go-to thing that's a whole other issue.
g33kgoddess
Jul. 25th, 2006 03:03 pm (UTC)
Move-out timing is all part of the negotiation with the buyer. The buyer is not necessarily ready to take possesion or move in right away. It's a non-issue. Besides - storage rental, temp apartment - you'd be set.
magicmarmot
Jul. 25th, 2006 03:51 pm (UTC)
Temp apartment that will take a dog and three cats.
g33kgoddess
Jul. 25th, 2006 04:06 pm (UTC)
No. That you won't find. Don't get me wrong, animals are great, but you're going to live a helluva lot longer than they are and you have to take care of yourself. Don't let them stand between you and improving your life situation. Figure out which ones you can bear to part with, and find them good, loving homes. Besides, if the apartment is truly temporary, you'll only have to find them homes temporarily.

If it choosing between caring for yourself physically, emotionally and financially or your pets -- as wonderful as they are -- you have to put yourself first.
magicmarmot
Jul. 25th, 2006 04:23 pm (UTC)
You see where on the list of options that one goes farther down?

The choices aren't all simple and clear. There are advantages and disadvantages to all of them, and I'm trying to gather information that will help me to make a decision. And it's coming down to a pretty clear path that I have to follow.
( 12 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

April 2012
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930     

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow