Actually I hadn't realized just how much of a crap film this was. The acting is horribly over-the-top, but I suppose that they had to do something to balance out the "scary" kid so he didn't appear just silly. Bad choice in direction really.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Hmm... finished a feature film. It wasn't my film, but I was an integral part of it.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Don't do resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
There were a few.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Only the ones I aimed at.
5. What countries did you visit?
I made it to Wisconsin, does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
happiness. Or at least contentment.
7. What date(s) from 2006 will remain etched your memory, and why?
CONvergence, meeting back up with Artemis.
Omegacon, for friends new and old.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not really failures per se. More like severely underestimating how long it would take to do things.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few. The diabetes as usual, a broken toe from working on the house.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the new computer.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Many of my friends.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A handful of politicians.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finishing the movie.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2006?
I can't think of any that are that iconic.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
ii. Thinner or fatter?
Thinner, but not by as much as I'd like.
iii. Richer or poorer?
Poorer, though the house is in better shape.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. Any new hobbies/interests?
The old ones are enough, thanks.
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Likely with friends.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I don't think I really believe in love anymore.
23. How many one-night stands?
None. I sleep laying down.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Probably BSG, because of the company.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
To Kill a Mockingbird was better than I expected.
27. What was/were your greatest musical discoveries?
Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood. Pre-Bad Seeds Nick Cave.
28. What did you want and get?
A new computer.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Uh, 44. Did nothing.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having done something on my birthday?
Hell, I don't know.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
34. What kept you sane?
This assumes that I stayed sane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well, I think Britney's Cooch got more publicity than she did, but that's not so much a fancy as a falafel.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election in general, and the horribleness of the ads.
37. Who did you miss?
I tried not to miss anybody. Unfortunately my aim was off a few times.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Who you are on the inside doesn't matter.