Not a lot happening since getting the windows and door in place. The door is painted (at least on the outside), the windows are finally completely nailed in and tape-sealed which was more of a pain in the ass than I had anticipated, and I've started hanging up the wire mesh screen over the felt paper.
Wire mesh screen? you may ask, and I shall tell you. Indeed, since I am planning to start hanging the Hardibacker on the exterior sometime this weekend if the weather cooperates, I realized that I needed to have an airspace behind it, between it and the felt paper so that any water that got behind it wouldn't get trapped and form moisture/mold/rot problems. I needed something that was rigid enough to hold up under the pressure of the board being installed, waterproof, deep enough to provide airspace but not so deep as to make the Hardibacker deform as it was screwed down, and not horrendously expensive. The wire-mesh screen is just about ideal in that sense, and it actually goes on pretty easy when I use the pneumatic stapler. If the weather continues to clear, I'll be able to get the rest of it up tonight, but there's supposed to be a walloping wallow of rain sometime tonight. As a matter of fact, it looks like the next sunny day will be Saturday, followed by more rain.
Combined rain and darkness makes exterior work on weekdays really sketchy. I still have the removal of the remaining front siding and the installation of the housewrap to do as the last large-area job on the front before it gets too cold. It's already pretty much too cold for concrete work with overnight temps in the 40s and 30s, so I'm going to be transitioning soon to interior work-- at least I hope so.