Tom Ramcigam (magicmarmot) wrote,
Tom Ramcigam
magicmarmot

  • Mood:
I managed to get the snowblower into the basement with minimal fuss. There was some twisting and turning involved, but it did fit eventually. After it thawed, I did check and indeed the leftmost auger is seized, so I will have to take apart the auger drivetrain. It's not that big a deal since it is meant to be serviced, but it's just awkward to work on and I may have to figure out a way to raise it up off the floor a ways. It's more the starter that concerns me, since the starter gear doesn't seem to be engaging and I don't know why. The normal scenario is a centrifugal clutch (or an intertal rotary engagement system if you wanna get all technojargonic), but it could also have a one-way pin-and-roller clutch.I won't really know until I get it apart.
Tags: fixing stuff
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments