1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Took out a home-improvement loan for more work on the front porch, and got it mostly enclosed. There are a few other things too, but I gots to have mah secrets.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sure, but not because of me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sure, but not because of me.
5. What countries did you visit?
Kansas City is as close as I came.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Consistency. Good health and energy. Time.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
It wasn't a memorable year for date-etching.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting the front porch enclosed.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Passing the permit deadline.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Darthcam, for the opportunity he presents.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
A certain Canadian friend, for extending herself past fear in many ways. A certain Ohian friend for graduating a tough school and chasing a dream. Several local friends for pursuing creative avenues, taking risks and facing fears.
13. Whose behavior appalled and depressed you?
14. Where did most of your money go?
The Big Broken Box™. Duh.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
2007 just wasn't that memorable of a year for me. And really, I don't associate songs with years anymore.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Happier, I think. I'd have to look back. Better treatment for depression is probably the key.
ii. Thinner or fatter?
Thinner, but not by much.
iii. Richer or poorer?
Poorer in cash.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
This is a hard one. I wish I'd chased down more creative pursuits, but I chose to put them off to work on the house.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
That thing with the fork and the scrotum.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Watching movies with some friends, eating far too much.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Love is not for me, not in that sense.
23. How many one-night stands?
I spend my nights lying down.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ugh. House, maybe?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Nothing really outstanding.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Hot Fuzz, since you asked in Canadian.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Rented hot tub in the back with friends, and 45.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Greater satisfaction, maybe?
Feeling loved and wanted fully.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
34. What kept you sane?
Apparently, the medication.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Again, not a banner year for celebrity crushes. I'm not enthused about pretty-but-vapid, and I can think of any outstanding pretty-and-smart celebs that caught my attention.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Meh. War, probably.
37. Whom did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
mysoulhole, if you count online.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Pointy end out.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Yes, we have no bananas