It's that time of year once again where the designing of the CONvergence mainstage facade comes into play. Every year up to this one has had a theme, so there's been a kind of jumping-off point, a place from which to start. This year's theme is "we've been doing this now for ten fucking years", which doesn't particularly leave a whole lot of idea points. After some discussion, I've kind of decided on a form. It's pushing things for me, which I suppose is a good thing, but how to get there is the challenge. Even more of a challenge is how to get there on a budget. Honestly, I don't know if I can do it. I have an idea, but it's an expensive one, and I don't know how to do it in a less expensive way and get the same kind of quality. And this is a good year for quality. Last year's facade had a lot of flaws, mostly in seams, that with more time could have been addressed. It was also very big. There is a tendency to go bigger every year, which isn't necessarily a good thing. And there's the rest of life that I have to work around. This stuff ain't easy.