Tom Ramcigam (magicmarmot) wrote,
Tom Ramcigam
magicmarmot

  • Mood:
Last night I managed to get some work done on the house... no cable and no internet tends to open up a lot of time.

I finally re-glued the membrane on the roof of the breezeway, this time with a different kind of glue: a solvent-based contact cement. Also added some staples to prevent the wind lifting problems that helped tear it off in the first place. While I was up there, I managed to identify an issue that needs to be addressed where the old flashing needs to be pulled (I would have thought they'd have taken care of that with the new siding, but they really just went over it) and the space between filled with expanding foam. That's gonna be a bit of a PITA, but I think I'll live.

Also installed an AC unit in the upstairs bedroom so I can actually use the room to set up the massage table again. I hauled it up there, but haven't set it up yet; the floor needs a really good vacuum cleaning. Actually it needs the carpet ripped out, but that doesn't need to happen in the immediate, and the carpet is probably a little nicer than the wood floor underneath-- pretty sure it's just pine.

I know I did a few other things, but I can't really remember what.
Tags: Big Broken Box™
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments