1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Made movies and worked on a television show that was renewed.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Like in physical proximity? Yes, there was whelping amongst my friends but not immediate family.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My mother's boyfriend.
5. What countries did you visit?
Do Wisconsin and Tennessee count as countries?
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
- disposable income
- health insurance
- steady income
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None in particular. I don't tend to associate dates with events.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Paying off bills.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm... probably my health maintenance.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness, sure. Injury, only small stuff.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
*Thing*? Well, we paid off the truck loan in full, but I don't know if that counts. I got a new boom pole, which is wonderful. And I bought a present for Barb that's pretty cool.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Windy and Monte. They got married.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Aside from my own? Probably Barb, but only in specific instances. In general, any given politician in the BabyBush regieme. More personal? I have friends with issues, but they are simply human issues and I am pretty non-judgemental in that regard.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off bills and back taxes.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Actually getting refinancing and getting out of massive debt.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Oddly enough, Space Lord Mother by Monster Magnet.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. content or discontent? A little of both.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, I think.
iii. richer or poorer? Um, richer? At least in a much better financial position.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Hmm... more filmmaking, walking the dog more, been more social.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Fretting. And climbing the ladder.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Quietly with Barb.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
1.) Yes, repeatedly.
2.) No, not really.
3.) Never fall in love, it's impossible to get out of your clothes.
23. How many one-night stands?
Not nearly enough.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Huh. Can't think of any one favorite. TV was pretty much crap this year (we don't have cable). And there wasn't any one particular show that I went out of my way to watch.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate? No. Like less/more annoyed with, yes. Baylor.
26. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm... Probably Cryptonomicon.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Monster Magnet is right up there. Locally, either Vessel or Hot Rod Hearse. And I got more into Savage Aural Hotbed.
28. What did you want and get?
Taxes paid off. New boom pole.
29. What was your favorite new restaurant that you visited?
Probably El Rey de Oro.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oy. ROTK, just for the spectacle. Bubbahotep for best spirit. Ankle Biters for Worst Film Ever.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I think I went to dinner at Applebees. And the same age I am now.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My first response is more/better sex. Looking deeper, I think having defined and reached some more personal goals would have been more satisfying, but I don't think I was in as good of a place mentally as I feel that next year is going to be.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
I am known for my daring fashion sense.
(I can hear windelina snorking from here.)
34. What kept you sane?
Assuming that I actually stayed sane? Medication.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Huh. I wanted to see Angelina Jolie naked, does that count?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The bastardization of our rights in the name of the War On (fill in the blank).
37. Who did you miss?
My ex-wife, briefly. An idiot driver, by inches. My father, or really what I think my father should have been. My youth. Friendly strippers.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I'll say Thom, but I met several new people this year who I really like.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
Never sign anything that a salesman gives you unless you are willing to buy it, even if they say it's just an estimate.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I've been stuffed in your pocket for the last hundred days
When I don't get my bath I take it out on the slaves
So grease up your baby for the ball on the hill
Polish those rockets now and swallow those pills
What can I say, it's been a weird year.