Tom Ramcigam (magicmarmot) wrote,
Tom Ramcigam
magicmarmot

  • Mood:
The boiler igniter is making me crazy.

Last thing I tried was some silver solder, which worked remarkably well while it lasted. Eventually it burned off and I was back to the bare metal, which ashed up and stopped triggering the flame sensor.

I tried adding a potentiometer in series with the flame sense resistor, and it made no difference. Added up to 10% to the sense resistor value, and it made no difference.

Now I've got a bit of stainless steel acting as a flame guard, forcing the pilot flame lower on the sensor rod. I cleaned off the sensor rod so it will be a while before it ashes up, but I'm running out of ideas.

It's not supercritical. I can clean off the rod and it works for a while. I'd just really like to have a solution that works once and for all.
Tags: boiler
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments