Shot a movie with Romeo. Bought a hybrid.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, a couple of folk.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not because they were close to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. I was in Wisconsin once.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Long-term financial security.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 15th: the layoff day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Maintaining payments on stuff.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not as much. The surgery was the biggest impact.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Did I buy Darthcam this year? I think it may have been late last year. The HDTV is nice. And Nookie is pretty awesome.
14. Where did most of your money go?
House stuff. Bills. Nookie.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
CONvergence and all the filmmaker happy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
None, really. There wasn't a single song that was iconic enough for me this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder - Happier in some ways. Sadder in others.
Older or wiser - A bit of both, perhaps.
Thinner or fatter? - Thinner, definitely.
Richer or poorer? - Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Creative stuff. Writing, making stuff in the basement. Reclaiming the house.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I don't know yet.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, I do believe I did.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Tiff introduced me to Dexter. Head and shoulders above anything else. The Sarah Connor Chronicles has been kinda cool.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate doesn't much work for me. There are some people who I've had to alter my relationship with.
26. What was the best book you read?
Not one yet that's been outstanding. Some good ones. I did read Slaughterhouse Five.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Again, nothing really that stands out this year.
28. What did you want and get?
Big screen TV and a good DTV antenna (that I made myself).
29. What did you want and not get?
A new camera.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
There were some good ones. Iron Man, Dark Knight,
31. What was your least favorite film of this year?
I don't think there were any movies that I saw that I really disliked. There were a few that I didn't go see because friends told me they sucked (cough Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade cough).
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Offensive Knitting. Forty-something. Got some nice hugs.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Total financial independence.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
What do I have in my closet?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kinda out of the loop on this one.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Gotta say Tiff. She's had a most delicious impact on my life.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Never get complacent in a job.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail, a smile from a veil