1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Many things. Biggest was probably breaking up with
Barb, though I don't know if that counts because I have had a serious
Tried polyamory unsuccessfully.
Lived in Iowa.
Built a quality shed.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more
for next year?
I don't do resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Wisconsin count? Iowa?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
My own TV show. A job that I like. A good woman.
Really really good sex.
7. What date(s) from 2004 will remain etched your memory, and why?
Not really a date so much as a two-week period when I
broke up with Barb. Last half of April.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking responsibility for my finances earlier.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, yes. Aside from the diabetes, I managed to have
a couple of down days. Not many though-- I've been pretty healthy this
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm... Exercise bike, or tools.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Many of my friends. And in some ways, mine.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Barbs. And mine.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Into the house remodeling and emergency repair.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
1.) The day my pants fell off. It meant I was really
2.) Realizing that I was actually in a good place in
3.) Getting in touch with autodidactic.
D.) Something that I cannot yet mention because it is
still only potential.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2004?
The Sickness (Disturbed)
Pretty When You Cry (VAST)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I think happier for the most part.
ii. thinner or fatter? Definitely thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer in the ways that are important.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise. Spent time with my pooch. Spent time with
friends. Kissed. Demanded.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying & fretting. Listening to Mr. Stubby. Spending
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Mom's coming to visit at the house.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Short answer: just the opposite.
Long answer: I developed some friendships over the
last year that have been with some very good people whom I love. I
developed a lot of small crushes on women who I have found to be rather
wonderful. I also lost someone who I thought I loved; no, I did love her
and I still do, but I can't be with her anymore. And that experience has
called into question for me the whole concept of love, and trust.
23. How many one-night stands?
None. Why, are you offering?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I didn't do much TV this year, but there are a couple
1.) Navy NCIS
3.) Drawn Together
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate would be the wrong word. Change it to have
lost respect for, and yes.
26. What was the best book you read?
I don't remember. Possibly SQUEE.
27. What was/were your greatest musical discoveries?
VAST, Kidneythieves, Mark Collie, Lacuna Coil
28. What did you want and get?
An air compressor, a digital camera, satisfaction from
the successful completion of multiple projects.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to a strip club. 42.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more
I don't really know. My first response would be "true
love", but I don't know that I'd be able to identify it if it gently bit
me in the ass.
Having the perfect body would probably go a long way
toward satisfaction, though that does speak to some deeper psychological
issues; how about a strong sense of self worth.
Winning the lottery. Though that would have been more
petty than truly satisfying.
Liking my job.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
34. What kept you sane?
Assuming that I actually kept sane? Being able to
communicate with friends over long distances.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Milla Jovovich. Closely edged out Angelina Jolie.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The conservative lashback.
37. Who did you miss?
All my friends. Sadie. Myself.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hrm. I'll say Bryan, even though I truly met him in
'03. I don't count Jess, as I actually met her in '03 as well, though I
did get to know her better over this last year. Colin, her hubby.
A lot of people have made an impact on me this year. I
can't pick a 'best'.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Action is always better than inaction.
Courage is hard to maintain, but worth it in the end.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Run you little bitch
I want your power glowing, juicy flowing red hot
Meaning of life
It's not enough to have a little taste
I want the whole damn thing