A Day in the Life
"Hey Rob, you should sign up to get your tractor operator
certification."
"I should? I'm gonna be gone in a couple of weeks."
"But for those couple of weeks you could be helping us do the live
debugging."
"And I could get out of the office? Okay, sign me up."
(silence.)
"Um, I can't."
"Why not?
"They won't pay for contractors to get certified."
"I thought the certification is free."
"It is."
(silence.)
"How about if I offer to reimburse them?"
(more silence.)
"They say it'll take some time to get that approved."
certification."
"I should? I'm gonna be gone in a couple of weeks."
"But for those couple of weeks you could be helping us do the live
debugging."
"And I could get out of the office? Okay, sign me up."
(silence.)
"Um, I can't."
"Why not?
"They won't pay for contractors to get certified."
"I thought the certification is free."
"It is."
(silence.)
"How about if I offer to reimburse them?"
(more silence.)
"They say it'll take some time to get that approved."