Tom Ramcigam (magicmarmot) wrote,
Tom Ramcigam

At least as well as I can remember it.

Went to the House of Porn to shoot a really amazing scene or two. Pictures linked by a previous post. It was grand. Stayed up waaay too late; I didn't get to bed until after 7:00 in the morning.

I think I slept in. Met up with Tony & Kristi to go see Serenity (again); had dinner afterwards, which was nice.
Barb was supposed to come by the house to have me shoot some pictures of a sculpture that she had done for her senior art show. She didn't show up until almost 11:00 at night, and I had previously made plans to meet theatre_nerd for the Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight. So I quick set up some lights and proceeded to shoot until 11:45; after that I left Barb with the camera to inflict her own damage.

Went to the show, which was utter chaos and a lot of fun (mostly due to the wonderful company), but I petered out and left after the show to ostensibly sleep.

When I got home, I had to tear down the shooting rig and pack it away again. Sasha was going to be moving out in the morning, so the space needed to be clear. Then I brought the camera in to the computer and downloaded the images, and crashed hard around 4:00.

The phone rang at 7:30. I let it ring. It was for Barb, and she was out evidently walking the dog. The phone kept ringing, and I finally picked up; it was a friend of Barb's that was looking to pick her up and didn't have the address. I gave it to her and decided that since I was up, I'd try and retouch some of the pictures from the previous night.
That went fine for a couple of hours and I got some shots that I think will look good for her publication-- gave her a few choices-- then went back to bed.
To be awakened by Chris and Sasha trying to move the bed. There was much swearing, and questions about how the hell I had gotten the entire bed upstairs by myself in the first place.
I begged off helping them move because I was still really wiped out, and I had plans for later in the afternoon, so I tried to go back to sleep.

And the phone rang again.

Apparently the U-Haul truck they had rented was slowly breaking down, and they wanted to know if I could find the contract. Back and forth a bit until I found it up in Sasha's room, then Tony was sent up to the house to retrieve it.

Tried to nap again until Tony got to the house. By then it was afternoon, so I decided to put the finishing touches on a couple more pictures, and I took a bit of time to go clothes shopping. Somewhere in there I did laundry too, but it's all kind of hazy.

Got back to the house and prepped a CD for Barb with the pictures, and got a phone call: plans for the afternoon had to change a bit.

The rest of the day went very well. :)

Oh, wait, that's today. Meetings at work, drudgery of existence. I need to do more laundry (like wash the blankets and stuff for the bed) and if it's not raining, probably work on the porch some more. And at some point I need to watch the last ten minutes of Blood Simple.

  • (no subject)

    It finally happened. It had to, really. I was in the bottom two cut from LJ-Idol this week. I made it to the top 50, from some rather larger…

  • Mayville

    "Too many bats in the belfry, eh?" The question came from a small man in the scrubs-and-robe garb of an inmate. He looked a little like a garden…

  • LJ-Idol

    Another batch of entries. Consistently amazed at how good the writing is. Voting is open for…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.