Last night was a location shood for PFD, on the roof of the history museum. Absolutely beautiful shot of the Minneapolis skyline, and at night, a wonderful background. We set up a dolly shot with my new homemade dolly, and I did some fun tricky lighting, and we ended up with some really beautiful shots. They are primarily for the title sequence, which may get re-used if this turns into a series.
Second bit is the steeple of a gothic cathedral (St. Marks?) that is normally lit up like mad. For some reason, last night it wasn't lit up at all. It's about two blocks away, and for a joke, I said "Hey why don't I see if I can light it up from here?". And I did. From two blocks away, I was lighting up a huge gothic spire. And of course, we hadn't informed anybody that we were going to try this, so I am thinking that somebody may have had a religious experience last night when the spire of the cathedral suddenly started glowing for no apparent reason.
I was gleeful. And we got some fantastic shots. Reminiscent of Batman. In a good way. I'm thinking this is going to be one of those movies where when you see it, you go "wow, is that pretty". At least I'm hoping.
I slept in. We were up quite late, and I was just too tired to make it, so I got up at 10:00. It was really okay, because work is so stalled right now that I'm not doing much anyway.
So I'm driving south on 35, and I'm driving by a convoy of military vehicles. A long convoy. Carrying lots of equipment. Including missiles and explosives. Then a second long convoy. Then a third. And when I got to Owatonna, there were probably a dozen military helicopters parked at the airport.
Are we going to war with Iowa or something?
Tonight there is more shooting. We are doing re-shoots of scenes that for one reason or another were muffed in the first take. Then we will be done with principal photography. And you know, it feels like a film. It doesn't feel like a bunch of friends who got together mostly on weekends to play around.
1. What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but never have? Wow, I can think of several. Perhaps the most pressing and reachable at this moment is making a feature film.
2. When someone asks your opinion about a new haircut/outfit/etc, are you always honest? Most of the time. People are always coming to me for my fashion sense you know.
3. Have you ever found out something about a friend and then wished you hadn't? Not really. We all have skeletons in our closets, some bigger, some smaller. I've done things and made decisions that were probably not the best I could have done, so I'm not one to be judgemental. Frankly, if I consider you to be my friend, I can't really think of anything that you could have done that would make me think the worse of you.
4. If you could live in any fictional world (from a book/movie/game/etc.) which would it be and why? Tricky question. I like the world of Neuromancer and Hardwired, kind of the cybrerpunk-y future. But would I want to live there? Then the thought of Gilligan's Island comes to mind-- being stuck on a tropical island with Ginger and Mary-Anne isn't all that bad, but I do like civilization. Then there's the Star Trek universe. I'd be a holodeck junkie.
5. What's one talent/skill you don't have but always wanted? One? To become invisible at will. Or to fly. If we're talking more mundane talents, probably to play a musical instrument or draw extremely well.
You Are Sex Starved!
What Sexy Woman Are You?
More Great Quizzes from Quiz Diva</div>