- Make a post (public, friend's locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fiction or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friend's friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
( My Wishes )
Okay, I'm leaving off all of the pie-in-the-sky wishes like "world peace without opression" and "for all of my friends with illnesses and diseases to be completely well again", not because I don't wish those things (because I really do), but because I think the spirit of this thing is to list things that are actually do-able by people that read your journal.
The other thing is that I know that I'm in something of a financial bind this year, and I'm not able to give presents out to anybody (I am capable of doing things like massages and fixing stuff, so if that would work for you, let me know). I know that others are in the same boat, so I'm more in the giving the gift of yourself mood.
1.) A fixed and clean house.
2.) Warm and friendly company.
3.) A hot tub (or the use of someone else's).
4.) Affectionate hot geek babes.
5.) Massages, or a massage partner willing to trade off.
6.) A long weekend away.
7.) Good horror movies on DVD.
9.) A wonderful woman.
10.) Really good sex.
Yeah, okay, maybe it's a little bit pie-in-the-sky. :)