1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
I had to think about this. I'll say learned masonry.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any, and no. I don't do resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not so much. A woman at work.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't even do Canada or Mexico.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Stability. Energy. Consistency. Love.
7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched your memory, and why?
April 30th/May 1st. The day I returned from The Gulag.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
1.) I got the concrete work for the porch done.
2.) I re-entered the dating pool.
3.) Making a movie.
9. What was your biggest failure?
1.) Re-entering the dating pool and being subsequently eaten by pirhanas.
2.) Exercise on a regular basis.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, but just the standards.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the materials to make the camera dolly or the new lights.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A certain young woman at a gas station. Uncle George. Myself.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and the house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Making a movie.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2005?
Feel Good, Inc. (Gorillaz)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise. Kissing. being strong.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Fretting. Hiding. Complaining.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At the house. Mom's coming down.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
I did make new friends, and I took a chance on love.
23. How many one-night stands?
In my sense of a one-night stand, none. However, I did have a couple of friendly encounters.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
TV isn't so much a part of my life. I did get to see Battlestar Galactaca, which was pretty cool. Other than thst, I still like to catch NCIS and CSI, but not in any critical sense.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Maybe myself a little bit more.
26. What was the best book you read?
I re-read Snow Crash. Nothing else has really hit that level.
27. What was/were your greatest musical discoveries?
She Wants Revenge.
28. What did you want and get?
A premanent, full-time job with health insurance.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
So far, Jesus is Magic has been the one that has made me laugh the most. Not so much on the memorable movies list this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
43. I got a massage, got another massage, then got yet another massage.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
True love. Or completing something.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
34. What kept you sane?
I'm not so sure that I kept sane. Friends, a movie, Sadie.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ehh. I made fun of Kate Beckinsale a lot, and will likely continue to do so. I just feel really disconnected with celebrities, even in the fantasy sense.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Domestic spying, and the refusal of the president to acknowledge anything other than the end-justifies-the-means rationalization.
37. Who did you miss?
Myself. The essence of love. That one girl who I shot at.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Wow. Totally unfair question, because so many people that I've met this year have been really cool but for different reasons. I think if I had to pick one, it would likely be sybildiscontent for a number of reasons not entirely limited to her suffering for my art.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Risk means pain.
You're not as young as you once were.
Losing weight is fucking hard.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Crazy for feelin' so lonely
Interesting comparison to last year's version.